Workflow is group of instructions to the integration service in APPSeCONNECT.
APPSeCONNECT workflow application can be considered as a strong feature that uses the software to either partially or entirely automate a complex business process. Workflow is a concept that describes how process in business divides work activities into distinct roles, task, procedures and rules.
The Workflow feature helps user to graphically organize, create and view the data flow of a process.The customers with the aid of workflow can now design integration anytime and anywhere with the help of cloud portal.
Workflow enables to execute the orchestrated pattern of business activity with efficiency and optimality.
Benefits of Using Workflow
- Visibilty & Status Check of Business Scenario
- Eliminates Manual work & reduces human error
- Enables quick decision making & Learn from inefficiencies
- Maintain & Improve Quality
- Modifying Step Order
- Real time Reports
Elements/Nodes of Workflow
Given below is the list of elements you will use in workflow. Under Elements, all the elements such as GET, PROCESS, POST, etc will be listed
Elements of workflow:
Actions of Workflow
Actions are used in Workflow to perform some operation with the data apart, from transferring them from source to destination. These Actions can include sending an email or raising an automated support ticket if Workflow encounters any execution failure etc. To achieve this in our admin Workflow panel you would see a separate section named Action. Currently APPSeCONNECT supports the following actions:
Protip These Actions can also have RULE as Parent and no child from action node will be allowed as these Actions are leaf nodes
Process Property of Workflow
Templates of Workflow
- General Touchpoint
- Post Touchpoint
- Get Merge Touchpoint
- Push Merge Touchpoint
- Get Splitted Touchpoint
- Push Splitted Touchpoint
Working with Workflow in APPSeCONNECT
APPSeCONNECT Workflows are the diagrammatic representations of a business process.
Organizations use workflows to
coordinate tasks and synchronize data between systems, with the ultimate goal of improving organizational efficiency, responsiveness and ease of use.
The workflow management screen will allow to search, filter, create and edit workflows.
An implementer can ensure that all the projects are listed on a single page showing its various status and allowing to change status by reading this document.
- Log in to the APPSeCONNECT Portal
- Now choose a
Project -> Workflowssection under Account and a new page will open.
- If you are a new user and no previous workflow is created or activated, this screen with the following message will appear.
- If you are an existing user who have used Workflows, the following screen will appear
- You can view maximum of 6 workflow designed in a workflow page, rest workflows can be scrolled through navigation pages.
- APPSeCONNECT has two category of Workflows:
Project Specific Workflow/Organization Workflow - This type of Workflow have two button
Deleteand you have to activate it.
Pre-Packaged Workflow/Base Workflow - This type of workflow has initially one button. Once you activate it, you will see that Workflow contains two buttons, one for Edit, another for Delete.
- Every workflow has one switch, this will either take the workflow to
Active stateor will go to
Inactive state. If it’s in Inactive state, that workflow will not work on Agent’s App.
You will get
SEARCH panel in the top of the workflow page.
Protip Choose Project only, if you have multiple projects, else directly you are into your project.
Search functions of Workflow
- Active - indicates that you want to search only for the active Workflows.
- Inactive - indicates that you want to search only for the active Workflows.
- All - indicates that you can search for every Workflow listed under your project.
Protip The search will work with
all types characters like special, alphanumeric.
Partial search also will happen. There is no need to combine the search and dropdown in the Search section
If you type nothing and click on Search, all the Workflows listed under your project will show on the page.
The above points explains the basic Workflow management in the portal.