This section provides the option of creating folders for organizing the Process Flows with respect to the business requirements for any organizations. Process Flow listing section helps users to organize & manage all the process flows in folder structure such that user can maintain an easy usability as per the requirement.
The folder list would available on the left pane of the page.
By default, an organisation would have the
Home & Trash Folder.
Process flow listing for each folder
- Click on the Home folder or any other folder. The listing page for the selected folder is displayed on the right side of the page.
- The Process flow listing page will list all the process flows that are created in the selected folder.
- For each process flows, the following details will be displayed.
- Name: Displays the name of the process flows.
- Description: Displays the description of the Process Flows.
- Action: Clicking the three horizontal dots against each process flow, user gets the options to Edit & Delete the exiting Process Flow.
- Click Edit Button, the Designer page opens for the selected Process Flow for editing.
- Click Delete button, the selected Process Flow is moved to the Trash folder.
- The Process Flow listing page will have a NEW button on the top right corner
of the page for creating a new process flow. Clicking on the NEW button, you will be navigated to the Process Flow Designer
- The FILTER button is available beside the new button. Click on the button, you can filter process flows using search functionality, from the list.
Usability for the HOME Folder
On visiting the Process Flow listing page, you can view the Home folder. This is a default folder and every organisation within APPSeCONNECT would contain the Home folder for the Process Flow listing page.
- Click on the three horizontal dots of each folder, you can view a NEW button in the drop down that would enable the user to create a child folder of the selected folder.
- You can create multiple child folders under the Home Folder. Users can create maximum of 50 folders for process flow for an organization.
- Click on the Home folder, the process flow listing page appears on the Right side of the page. Empty folder will have the view as given below.
- Now Click on Create a Process Flow button, the Process Flow Designer page opens.
Usability for the SUB/CHILD Folder
- Every folder (except Trash) will have three horizontal dots (…) that will enable the you to create new child folders.
- Every created folder will have the option -
create a New Child Folder, Rename & delete.
- Name of a folder cannot be same if created on same level. However, folder name can remain same if created on different level.
Steps to create Child Folders in the listing page
Every folder (except Trash) will have ellipsis (…) that will enable the user to create new child folders.
a. Click on the ellipsis (…)of the home folder, you can view a NEW button.
b. Click the new button, you will get the window for adding a new child folder.
c. Enter the name for the folder and click on the save button. You get a success message.
d. You can view the created folder in the process flow listing page upon expanding the HOME folder.
e. Click on the created folder (example- Production), you will get a message for creating new process flows if the folder is empty. Click on the new button, you will be navigated to the Process Flow Designing Page.
f. You can further create child folders for a selected folder by selecting the new option that can be viewed by clicking on the Ellipsis (…)
g. All the created folder will get the options to create a new folder, Rename the folder & delete the folder.
h. Folders on deleting would be moved to Trash with a toaster message for successful completion of the delete process.
Note - Folder name will consist of 50 characters and can have alphanumeric characters. Name of a folder cannot be same if created on same level. However, folder name can remain same if created on different level.
Steps to Rename a Created Folder
- You can rename a created folder by choosing the option Rename available under
the drop-down of the selected folder.
- Click on the Rename folder, the window for renaming, opens.
- You can rename using any alphanumeric characters. The renamed folder will
be available in the Process Flow List.
The functionality for renaming is available only for the folders that are created by the user. The default folders (Home & Trash) cannot be renamed or deleted.
Steps to Delete a Created Folder
You can delete any created folders by choosing the option delete, available in the
drop-down of the selected folder.
- On clicking the delete button, user gets a confirmation message for the deletion process.
Click Yes button will delete the selected folder.
yesbutton, will delete all its child folders & the process flow present inside it. The deleted folders will be shifted to the
Trash folderonce deleted from the group level.
- Folders can even be deleted permanently from the Trash folder, by clicking on the delete button
for the selected folder under Trash. User gets a Confirmation message for deleting permanently.
- Clicking on the Yes button will delete the folder, its process flows and Child folders permanently.
Usability for the Trash Folder
a. You can view the Home & Trash folder in the Process Flow Listing Page. Both the Home & the Trash Folder would be available on the same hierarchy level.
b. On the listing page, you will be able to view the Trash folder that contains all the deleted folders
c. Click on the Ellipsis (…) beside the Trash folder, you can view the button Empty Trash Folder.
d. Click on the button Empty Trash Folder, you will get a confirmation message. Click on the yes button for deleting all the folder and process flows permanently.
Note: You cannot create any child folders under Trash. Default Folders can neither be Renamed nor Deleted.