Webhooks are custom callbacks from an application which is generated by the caller and data is pushed to all of the subscribers.Webooks are based on Publisher-Subscriber model, where the publisher will publish something and subscribers thats are only registered for the publisher will listen to it.
A Webhook is simply an event notification where the sender will send real time data
HTTP POST to other applications which have registered for that event.
Data that are transferred are typically in
XML or in
JSON or in Form-Encoded format
which is to be decided by the provider.
With APPSeCONECT, you can create webhook endpoint which are basically handlers for a WebHook that can be used to fetch real time data from an application that has support of webhook and that data can then be synced to other apps via APPSeCONNECT Integration Platform in real time using real-time API.
Follow these steps to create a Webhook API with APPSeCONECT
As per requirement, before you start creating a new API Proxy, you need to make sure you meet all the prerequisites. Here are some of them :
- Getting a new account for APPSeCONNECT
- Configuring your Environment
- Choosing Apps or Adding Apps
- Importing schemas and actions of an Application
- Feeding Credentials for applications and data sources
- Creating a Connection
After all these steps are done, make sure the environment is kept running and credentials are properly updated.
Steps to create Webhook Endpoint
To start creating a Proxy API, login to APPSeCONNECT and move to API Management section. You will see sections depicting Proxy, select the section to navigate to it.
- Go to API section from the left side menu.
Inside APIManagementSection you can see Webhooks and Proxy.
By default Webhook section will be shown. You can see all your connections listed here.
If you do not have a registered URL with APPSeCONNECT you have to Register a URL for your organization.
Create A Real Time API :
- Now under the desired connection,Expand the Connection,you will find Create API button like this.
- Upon clicking the button you will get introduced to a Wizard like this
- Provide basic information like API name,API help document url etc.
- Now provide Source App Configuration like Source Schema,Action,Protocol and Protocol Method.
- Thereafter provide Destination App Configuration like Destination Schema,Action,Protocol and Protocol Method.
- Then you have to configure mapping for transformation from source to destination
- After everything is done click on finish to Save your API.
- You will be re-directed to Webhook section afterwards.You can find your newly created Webhook API under the connection you created.
- Copy the URL and use it as a webhook endpoint in applications that support webhooks.
Thus APPSeConnect provides you the platform to create Webhook API to fetch real time data and sync to other applications.