Here you will understand the process of defining Variables (any variables that stores the data that can be used later within the process of transformation) and then mapping of variables during transformation phase.
Here The flow is explained using
Root Variable for a processflow.
NOTE- The process of defining the variables remain same for any type of variable.
Prerequisites for adding Variables in Processflow Mapping
- You need to have valid credentials of the portal.
- You need to navigate to the Process Flow listing page for creating or editing a Process Flow
- You need to create a Process Flow or Edit an existing process flow for implementing Namespace in Mapper node.
- Select the processflow for which the Root Variable is to be created. Click on the Node Configuration button for the Mapper node after linking the application nodes for viewing the mapper window.
- Click on the Option
ADD VARIABLEpresent on the Transform Window.
- Input the details Variable Name, Data Type and the Reference Entity.
(a) In this case Variable Name
ShipmentCodeis used whose Data Type is provided
String. The flow remains same for the Data type- Bool, Datetime, Number and Double.
(b) Whereas for the
Data Type - Complex Object, Complex Object Collection and Doubleproviding the XPATH is mandatory as shown below
Once the details are filled, click Save and Close. For Mapping the variable, click on the Open button, which is visible beside the variable name, when hovered over. Select the function from the
Functions Listand click on the function as required (Taken [genericlib:getMapping(ObjectType,Value)] as an example)
Note: The mapping can be executed with the functions as well as, with the source attributes. Implementing mapping only with the functions is not mandatory.
Now for implementing the mapping, input the required ObjectType and Value in the Function syntax. Click on the Submit Button, on completion of mapping.
The user can view the successful sync of the processflow for which the Variables was created
The user can delete the Variables whenever required, any-time after its creation by clicking on
button. Hardcorded variables cant be deleted.
The user can edit the variables defined any-time after its creation by clicking on
edit variable button.
Hardcorded variables cant be edited.