Implementing User Specific Business Integrations often requires usage of User Defined Appresource Functions that enables you to provide customized expressions as per the requirement. Application Adapters are equipped of handling these functions to perform definite tasks.
With ProcessFlow, you will now be able to create user defined Cloud Appresource function from ProcessFlow Designer Page. Given below are the steps and Prerequisites to create User Defined Appresource Functions.
Implementing User Defined Appresource Functions requires no Prerequisites. You can straight away Login to the portal and create your required functions from the Designer Page. Follow the steps below to create the user Defined Cloud Appresource Functions.
Navigating to User Defined Functions
1) Login to the Portal and Navigate to the ProcessFlow Designer Page.
2) Click on the Functions Icon available in Header Panel of the designer page.
3) The UDF listing window opens.
Creating User Defined Functions
Once you are in the UDF Listing window, you can now create User Defined Functions.
4) Click on the (+) button beside the FILTER icons to create functions. The CREATE Page opens on your Right.
You can anytime FILTER your created functions using Function Name, if the list of Functions is exhaustive.
5) You need to Provide the Function Name & Function Description for its definition.
6) Once defined, you need to navigate to the editor for the function code definition. Click on the Go to Editor for the same.
For more information on the Code Editor, Visit UDF Code Editor and Validation.
Areas of Usage
You can use your created functions in the listed areas:
- Capture Variables: You can use your created functions in the variable expressions or as a default value, provided the Variable Type and the Output of your function must be same.
- Decision Node Expression: You can use your created functions with the condition statement of DECISION NODE as KEY or as a VALUE, provided either of the types and output of the function must be same.
- Delay Node Expression: You can use your created functions within the delay node provided the return value of your function be a TIME.
- Action Filter: You can use your created functions within the Action Filter of a ProcessFlow, provided the return Type of your function should not be a Complex Object or Complex Object Collection.
- Error/retry Filter: You can use your created functions within the Error/retry Filters of a Processflow, provided the return Type of your function should not be a Complex Object or Complex Object Collection.
- You can also create your Cloud Appresource Functions from the mapper node. For more informations on it, click here.
- All the created functions irrespective of the areas, the functions will be listed on the UDF Listing Window. For more details on the Listing page, Click Here.
- You cannot create Functions with same Function Name.
- The name must begin with a letter and can contain letters, numbers, and the following special characters:
_ @ $ #.